Monday, July 12, 2010

Day 258: Tennis

I haven't played tennis since 1994. I was really bad then. I didn't know how to play. I was hitting the ball everywhere. It was more about running around and collecting the ball. Because of this lack of skill in my game of tennis, I haven't played since. I was too embarrassed to play with anybody.

With my bucket list, it is time to get over the embarrassment. I attempted to play tennis on Sunday. It was scorching hot. We ended up at Grays Park on W 33rd Ave. There was another couple in the next court. I think they were in the same boat as us. We were attempting to rally after hitting the ball at the net a few times and hitting the ball off the court many times. I even hit it over the fence a few times. I felt like super woman hitting it so far. I tried my best to control my strength. After about 30mins, I finally got in the groove of things. I hit it better and I am more confident in playing tennis. After 45 mins, I was dead tired and ready to call it a day. Because I didn't stretch before and after the tennis game, the next day I was in pain. The right side of my body was aching (and still is aching).

No comments:

Post a Comment