Thursday, June 17, 2010

Day 242: Graduation


Tonight I went to my friend's graduation dinner party. It was at a pub in downtown. Ooo..I ate so much. But this write up isn't about the food I ate it was about the socializing. I am so proud of her that she graduated SFU with a degree. She took 15 years to complete it part time. She took one course a semester and finally did it. That is one step ahead of me.

Graduation is an important step. You graduate elementary school to move on to secondary school. You graduate secondary school to move on to post secondary school. There are graduation ceremonies to signify that you have completed this stage of your life and it's time to move on. This degree / diploma (piece of paper) shows all the sweat and tears (and time and money) you have put in towards it. Sometimes it is used to get a better job. Sometimes it is just for the sake of finishing it. Hopefully, I will complete my degree one day and receive that important piece of paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment