Thursday, June 3, 2010

Day 232: Jury Duty

Is it an honour to serve on the jury? I have never been called for jury duty before. My sister got called in for jury duty one time. She was going to school full time at that time. She had to write a letter stating that she couldn't miss any classes. She got out of jury duty.

How do you get selected for jury duty? Is it random? Do you have to be a certain age? Do you have to work in a certain occupation? Do you have to work a certain amount of hours? Should I feel left out that I was never called to jury duty? Do I have to live here for a certain amount of time? Maybe it's a political thing? Maybe I have to know someone?

Maybe its not all that it's cracked up to be. I don't know anyone who has been on jury duty. Maybe they have but haven't told me about it. Maybe you are not allowed to talk about it unless the case is over. Maybe it's a good thing I haven't been called because then I can concentrate on work and my routine in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment