Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Day 241: So You Think You Can Dance


This is the second season that I'm following. There was one season that I followed but I don't even remember what season that was. I followed the auditions and it is nice to watch how far they go. I am following the American one not the Canadian one.

This season is a bit different then the previous seasons. They used to have a top 20 then they get eliminated. This year they have a top 11 and they dance with an 'all star'. The 'all stars' are dancers from previous years. They are paired up with a dancer from the top 11. They are paired with someone different each week while doing a different dance.

The most memorable dancers to me this season are guys. I am rooting for the lone Canadian and the underdogs. The lone Canadian is Alex Wong, originally from Vancouver (http://www.theprovince.com/entertainment/Vancouver+dancer+Think+Dance/3162456/story.html). The underdogs I am rooting for are Adechike, Jose and Kent. Adechike almost didn't make it past Vegas week. The judges gave him another chance and got him to dance for his life. This got him in the top 11. I like Jose because he is the only beat boy to make it in the top 11. He has no formal dance training and he has been dancing awesome so far. My last favourite is Kent. A young cute blondie from an unknown town in Ohio. At the auditions Nigel couldn't even pronounce the town. It's called Wapakoneta in Ohio. He's 18 and just graduated high school. He has such an innocence to him that it's so cute. He dances pretty well too! He got really nervous because he danced in the same set as Alex Wong in Vegas and he didn't think he would pass the set.

I really hope Alex wins. He had such a great review from the judges tonight with his first performance. His contemporary performance was fantastic. I think Nigel was even tearing up before he gave his thoughts. Nigel said he raised the bar for everyone in this competition.

No comments:

Post a Comment